Thursday, January 3, 2008

slow sweater progress


I put E's sweater aside for a couple of months while I worked on some Christmas knitting. I still have Christmas knitting left to do, but that involves starting something, which I didn't feel like doing tonight. Instead I tried to figure out how I was decreasing the sleeve so I could write it down, continue the pattern, and be able to replicate it for the second sleeve. I think I've got it. The sweater is a top-down raglan knitted in the round. For each sleeve I started with 41 stitches + 4 picked up under the arm. I decrease 2 in a round, then knit 2 rounds plain, until I have 33 stitches. Now I will just knit to get a good arm length (must measure!), then do a bunch of decreases in one round to get down to 20-24 stitches, then 2x2 ribbing. Simple. In retrospect I wish I had more rounds between decrease rounds, but since I had already done a bunch of decreases, and I didn't feel like frogging, I left it. Overall I'm not super thrilled with the sweater, but I want to finish it before making a final judgment.

No comments: