Friday, July 11, 2008

mindless to mindful

I've been working diligently on my Lacey Vee tank top for a couple of weeks now. Until a few days ago it was pretty mindless knitting: knit in stockinette until you've done 9". Then I got to start a bit of a pattern (ooh, a little purling to do!) Last night I started knitting the back separate from the front, and very suddenly my simple little tank got complicated. I spent some time this morning re-writing the pattern for the back (at least, up to the neckline, where I have to split again for the shoulders) because it started getting too confusing last night. The confusion occurs because I am doing armhole shaping at the same time as armhole edging, and the pattern doesn't give row by row instructions, just how many decreases to do.

While I'm looking forward to getting into some complicated knitting, I think I may need to start another project for some more mindless activity.

No comments: