Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ravelympics: Day 6

Started and almost finished the second cabled sock yesterday, but it got late and I didn't want to make mistakes. Should be a relatively easy finish today. And I'm hoping to knock off at least one WIP today.

I discovered a few days ago that I am missing a ball of yarn! I had a WIP (the dog walking mitt) on the bookshelf next to the bed; I had last worked on it less than 2 weeks before the start of the Games. I went to work on it a couple of days ago while G was reading to E in bed, and the big ball of yarn that used to be attached is no longer there! I've done a quick scan of the bedroom, but can't find it anywhere. It wasn't cut, and it doesn't looked chewed, although the cats are prime suspects. What's weird is that the needles are still in the project, the cable needle and row counter are still there, just the yarn is gone (which is why I don't suspect E, who would have taken the counter first). As this is one of the WIPs I'm hoping to finish in the next week, I've got some serious hunting to do today.

No comments: